Invent Design offers detailed machine design, equipment design, mechanical and civil, structural and mechanical design and certification. We develop equipment designs from the concept stage to manufacture and work with our clients to make sure their requirements are met. Based in Brisbane, our team of engineers support companies from all over Australia with industry leading drafting services.
We utilise top down design methods to allow for a fully integrated design, passing on the benefits to our clients, such as …
- Predictable operating costs
- Minimise risk of poor functional performance
- Minimise unnecessary administration
Click here to see how we can help you.
EQUIPMENT DESIGN PHILOSOPHY
Our philosophy has been developed over 20 years of working with Australia’s leading mining mechanical designers, manufacturers and consultants. Our intention is to create simple yet highly refined and functional designs utilising the latest technology and manufacturing techniques. This is done by minimising and rationalising the number of components and material types used and designing with a preference to automated machine processes over time consuming manual processes.
Our experience shows that by designing in a way which minimises human set-out, labour time and the number of manufacturing process speeds up assembly time creating more efficient and economical solutions.
- Our designs favour the use of CNC profile cut plate over standard section and flat bar which frequently require more time consuming manual processes.
- Where possible we use pressed corners over welded joints as this type of joint requires less set-out time and avoids more expensive welding process.
- Avoiding unnecessary changes in material size which increases material handling and wastage costs.
- We utilise an extensive library of standard parts which reduces documentation and administration time.
- Rationalising components so single parts can serve multi functions which reduces the overall number of parts required.
- Preference to modular, containerised design which reduces shipping costs and site installation time.